Sunday, June 23, 2013

A few random things...

1) I was at The Spinning Room yarn shop yesterday and got these:
 
The book is the latest by Alana Dakos, a designer I love.  And now I'm obsessed with making the Oak Trail hat:
Ravelry/Book pattern pic
The yarn is Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors in the color The Rising of the Moon, which will be for my soon-to-be-started Glitz at the Ritz shawl.

2) Paul and I went to a wedding last night.  When we got to our table, this was there:

Paul said, "What is that?  White chocolate?"  I informed him it was butter and he seemed disappointed.  He was hoping it was white chocolate.  To be fair, it was right next to the Hershey kisses scattered under the flower arrangement so he thought they were a related item....

3) We keep seeing the strangest things in our yard this year.  The green heron (and sometimes two) keep coming around and they have been fun to watch.  Yesterday afternoon, out of the blue, a baby/teen deer went streaking around the perimeter of our yard, with no one else in tow.   Also, this robin was all puffed up, trying to eat a worm and we couldn't figure out what he was doing.

4) This came today:
Unfortunately, I cannot help stack it since I will be going to visit my mom.   See how I emphaized "unfortunaely"?  It really is a shame that I can't help....

Next time, I'm hoping to give you some book reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment