Friday, June 14, 2013

Finally...a Knitting Update

I know you've been waiting with bated breath for a knitting update from me.  You probably just couldn't concentrate on anything else, checking your computer every few hours to see if I've posted my latest knitting projects.  So sorry to keep you waiting....

I'm working on my Cozy wrap:
Due to some distractions, it took me a little while to get comfortable with this really very EASY pattern, but now I'm on a roll and each row is easy to memorize - especially the even rows, since they are all purls!  I'm using the very yummy Cascade Alpaca Lana D'Oro which is 50% alpaca and 50% wool. And this picture does not do justice to the dusty plum color.

I also started a Citron shawlette:
This is the first time I've used laceweight in quite some time, so it is taking some getting used to.  I feel like I'm not knitting with anything because the yarn is so fine.  I am thinking of switching from my Addis needle to a Knit Picks wooden needle since the Addis are very slippery.

And, since the new Knitty came out, I am obsessed with the Glitz at the Ritz shawl:
Ravelry pattern pic
And the Vino mitts:
Ravelry pattern pic
Both use fingering weight yarn, of which i have plenty in my stash, so I'm pondering what to use and when to start...

Now... your run-of-the-mill-here's-what's-happening-with-our-yard update:

Paul is working on clearing some stuff for a new project:
....the site of a future new garage.  This one should be fun...

The green heron has been a regular visitor to the pond because we have tons of food for him:
And finally, our peonies are blooming!
love. Love. LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Always like a knitting update! Very pretty shawl.
    So I just read up on what Green Herons do like to eat. Found out they use tools, too! And they don't like other birds....

    ReplyDelete