Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm in deep.

I'm not quite ready to admit I'm over the edge, but I'm in deep.  I'm knitting 80 million things and I'm about to start another as long as the book comes in the mail today and I want to start even another one because of a book I had to get last night.

First, I finished another afghan square from the Great American Afghan (#14):
...and just cast on for #10:
 I know, that picture doesn't tell you anything.  You can't see the square or the color of the yarn.  I'll get back to you on that one.

In the meantime, I finally got out another of my unfinished projects, the Harumi Cardigan, and finally got the "hard" part going.  "Hard" meaning, putting stitches on holder, putting in markers and getting set up to work on the patterned part:
And I've made some good progress on my Meadowlark vest:

Then, there's this book I got last night:
I love the cover pattern and want to knit it right now.  This book has been staring at me every time I've gone to The Spinning Room for the past very long time.  I just kept thinking that I have so many other patterns, surely there was another one I could  knit that I already have or that wouldn't cost so much.  But then, the other day my friend Jana emailed me a picture of this book saying"Just noticed this on the cover of an Ella Rae book & thought it looked like something you would wear. Maybe it's just because its purple..." Ha! No kidding. So, then I was at the shop last night to teach a class and there it was, just staring at me again. So I bought it. Thanks for being an enabler, Jana. (See you tonight for dinner!)

But more than that sweater, I had totally forgotten that on the inside was this awesomeness:
....which I also want to knit right now.  It really is a sickness.

But ALSO????? I've been trying to find a pattern to knit with this great aran yarn I got at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck:
I wanted to do an "aran" sweater -- with lots of cables, but quickly realized this 1540 yards was not enough to do and all-over cabled sweater.  So, I found this:
This is a project picture from Ravelry of the Flyingdales sweater.  I will modify it to make a crew neck collar.  It's got cables but also stockinette so I won't run out of yarn.  The pattern is only in A Fine Fleece: Knitting with Handspun Yarns which I got for a steal on Amazon.  It's coming in the mail today.  I hope.  Because I really don't have anything else to knit.  Ha.

Do you need a project car update?  The doors are primered!:


And finally, poor Phoebe has now become known as Phattie:
She went to the vet last month since she seemed a little skinny.  It turned out she has a hyperactive thyroid so they put her on medicine.  We go back to the vet today for a follow up and I'm telling you, I think she's gained a pound and a half in a month.  Which is a lot for her since she was only 7 1/2 pounds to begin with.  They may need to tweak her medicine!

1 comment: