Saturday, May 4, 2013

Score!

Score: 
Me: Eleven
Library Book Sale Stash: Minus Eleven

Today is the annual town-wide garage sale, at which the library has their book sale.  It starts at 9:00am but I was downtown by 8:00 to peruse the garage sales before the good stuff was gone.  Didn't find anything there so I was glad to get to the book sale before 9:00 to get some of the good books before they were gone.  That's where I hit the motherload. ELEVEN books for $8.  I was getting a little frantic - hoping I wasn't missing any books that I had to have but didn't know were there.  I finally reigned myself in and stopped at 11.  But I might go back later.  You know, when the books are all messed up and the one I really wanted but didn't know was there is now just sitting on top of the pile waiting for me.

I found several books that were already on my Goodreads "to read" list:
The Hard Way: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
The Innocent by David Baldacci
The Panther by Nelson DeMille
A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
The Strangler: A Novel by William Landay
One Shot: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child

Then picked up a couple more based on the recommendation of someone there:  
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter byTom Franklin (which I had also heard about on the Books on the Nightstand podcast...)
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

And, you may notice on the top of the pile is The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson.  Remember how I suffered through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ?????? Well, for 25 cents, I figured I could see if what "they" say is true:  that the next two books are better than the first.

There you have it.  At least 11 blog posts involving books are in your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment