Monday, August 5, 2013

Got Buick?

Here's where we were this past weekend:
 11 Hour drive to Ohio!  Whoopee!  Lots of knitting time....
I worked on my Oak Trail hat.  What is wrong with this picture?:
That there is my new ball of yarn, joined to the tail at the beginning of my hat, rather than the end of the yarn where I need to keep knitting.  Yup, I (again) wet spliced the new ball to the wrong end of yarn.  So annoying.  Got that fixed up and finished the hat:
 ....all except for the little sewing up part where that piece of yarn is sticking out.  And the blocking. Cute, don't you think?

Then we got to Ohio:
That's Paul's friend Rob's car in front of us.
....and we had several hours to go, so I worked on my Cozy wrap:
 ...and saw this at a gas station stop:
We were sorry to have missed that festival.

....and ate these at another stop:
I make cookies for every racing trip.  Before Rob and his dad, Ray, even say hello to me when we meet up with them, they ask, "Did you bring the cookies????"

We finally got there and made a run to JEGS (car guys' equivalent of a yarn shop), then had a whole day of racing on Friday:
....except for Paul's friend Rob who blew up his motor on his second run.  Booooooooo.  Paul got some good runs in, as well as changed out his carburetor and got some better (meaning faster) runs in with that.

Then it was Saturday!  The main competition day!.....
....which was cancelled.

So we went home.  On the way home we saw this:
A huge golf ball.
And I kept knitting on my Cozy wrap until I ran out of yarn.  Ran out of what I had with me, not the yarn in general.  I know you are breathing a sigh of relief for me. 

So, I worked on my Citron shawl.
...until it got so dark I couldn't see.  Can you see this?:
Neither could I.  I was knitting only by feel for the last 50 stitches or so because I was trying to get the last increase row done.  The one in which I now have 600 plus stitches on my needle and now I have to knit 11 rows and then I'll be done! about another year.

In the meantime, at one of our stops, I got one of my latest obsession:
Dulce de Leche Caramel shake. Mmmmm.

And since we were home a whole day early, I picked this from the garden:
Mmmmmm..... tomato sandwiches.

And also, since we were home a day early, we got back in the car and went for a drive to Sharon Springs to see the new Beekman 1802 Mercantile:
 Of course, I had to get a couple of things:
We haven't tried them yet, but I'll let you know when we do.

Then we made our way to Cooperstown for our favorite pizza:

 And THEN, as if the weekend couldn't get any busier.... I got  some spinning done, so I may actually have a skein of yarn to enter into the Altamont Fair by the August 9 deadline.

Resting, relaxing, waiting to be plied:
 Hopefully, plying will be done tomorrow so the yarn can then take a bath and have time to dry.

Ooh, and ALSO, since I had some time in Ohio, I read and finished The Lion's Game by Nelson Demille.  Great book.  Exciting, suspenseful, and funny.  Love his books.  That was a quick review.

1 comment:

  1. busy busy busy you are
    what a fun time, too bad it rained
    now I want a cookie, LOL