Friday, April 26, 2013

Begun and Finished

Begun:
A vest for my other doodlebug friend.  The pattern has the very colorful and intriguing name of Sweaters and Slipover Vest.  It's not much to show you yet.  I had to do some figuring with the numbers since I changed it to knitting it in one piece instead of two.  And I had to undo and redo a couple of rounds to figure it out.  Hopefully it will all translate well when I get to the part for separating for the arm holes. Stay tuned....  riveting stuff, I know.

In Book News:
Just finished Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.  Loved. It.  Bitter and sweet - as the title says - hearwarming, heartbreaking.  The story takes place in Seattle during WWII when Japanese families were rounded up and sent to internment camps. This book was recommended to me by a couple of people and at first that description just didn't reel me in.  But I read it anyway. While it is certainly about that, the main focus is on the relationships of Henry and Keiko - friendly, romantic and familial - during that time, and how these events of the war affected them.  Forty years later, we again see how these have affected them.  So. Good.
From Amazon:
"Set during one of the most conflicted and volatile times in American history, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is an extraordinary story of commitment and enduring hope. In Henry and Keiko, Jamie Ford has created an unforgettable duo whose story teaches us of the power of forgiveness and the human heart."

To leave you on this Friday, some spring pictures:
Sunset last night.
First of the season at our local spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment