Thursday, April 4, 2013

Kale and a Tomato

Kale chips are awesome!
Try some.  Wash and dry kale pieces (torn from the stems).  I put mine in the salad spinner.  Then drizzle a little olive oil and toss it around.  Add a little salt.  Just a little, or else it's too salty. (Thanks for that tip in yesterday's blog coments, Annette!  You were right - I put too much on....not that it stopped me from eating them.)  Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are browned.  Then, eat.   They are incredibly light and crispy and YUMMY!  Paul was not at all intrigued and passed them by....

A Book Review:
The $64 Tomato: How One Man Nearly Lost His Sanity, Spent a Fortune, and Endured an Existential Crisis in the Quest for the Perfect Garden by William Alexander : Well, the title pretty much tells you about the book!  This was an entertaining look at the trials and tribulations of gardening.  A yarn shop friend lent this book to me after seeing some of my blog posts last summer about my own garden.  This man's garden was much bigger (and included a little orchard too) but I could certainly relate to a lot of his troubles!

On to an exciting David Baldacci book - more on that when I'm done with it.  More knitting coming soon too.  I've got another shawl-on-the-brain thanks to the new KnitScene and my friend Janell.

1 comment:

  1. My Husband didn't care for them either, but I might make them again!
    Just finished Dark Places by Gillian Flynn the author who wrote Gone Girl very good book both were very good
    Annette

    ReplyDelete